The Beach School has the support of a School Counsellor 4 days per fortnight.
The school actively develops partnerships with agencies which provide Youth Services on the Northern Beaches.
These services may include family support, drug and alcohol counselling, mental health services, youth accommodation, career services, business networking, mentoring, Juvenile Justice, FACS (previously known as DOCS) and Police Youth services.
The school hosts the Peninsula Youth Services meetings which allows for the school to maintain close contacts with many agencies.
PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAM
The Beach School Parent Support Program provides Beach School parents and carers with a range of well-being and community supports. The program is organised by Jane, our Parent Support Person (PSP) and is part of our well-being program.
The Parent Support Person’s role includes:
· Providing regular check-ins with students’ parents and carers via telephone, email and in person which may be at school off site
· Connecting with and supporting new parents and carers
· Providing educational resources for parents including information on mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, anger/conflict and assertive communication
· Provide parents with links to external agencies:
· Provide care packages to students and their families in times of need
The Parent Support Program is available for all Beach School parents and carers. If you would like to talk with Jane, our Parent Support Person, please contact the school on 9905 9451 or email her via the school email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Parent Support Program is a school based support program and not a confidential counselling service. Parents and carers requiring additional support for their personal or family concerns are still strongly encouraged to seek further support through private or community psychologists, social workers and allied health professionals and agencies. If you do not have access to any of these please contact the school and we can assist you.
Here is a list of useful contacts and phone numbers for parents, carers and young people.
- Department of Education – Macquarie Park Office: 02 9886 7000
- Northern Sydney Area Health Services (Queenscliff): 02 9466 2500
- Manly Drug and Education and Counselling Centre: 02 9977 0711
- Burdekin Association: 02 8976 1777
- Manly Youth Services: 02 9977 5599
- Warringah Youth Services: 02 9942 2680
- Youth Reach: 02 9907 2604
- Streetwork: 02 9419 7559
- Youth Support Catholic Care (Centacare): 02 9488 2488
- Legal Aid Hotline (for young people): 1800 101 810
- Dee Why Police: 02 9971 3399
- Dee Why Police Youth Liaison Officer: 02 9971 3341
- FACS Helpline (DOCS): 133627
- Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800
- Taldumande: 02 9460 3777
- Family Referral Service: 1800 066 757
- Parent Line: 1300 1300 52
- Headspace (Chatswood): 02 8021 3668